Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Gay Sex vs. Straight Sex

So I just finished a sex scene for the new manuscript I'm working on. I was really nervous as I grew closer to the scene. It dawned on me as soon as I set the scene up that it had been a long time since I had written a heterosexual sex scene.

What does that say?

Is gay sex really that different from straight? (Ignoring the obvious parts used). It all is based on an emotional/physical connection. The same emotions and pleasure apply. Yet when I got to that scene I found myself thinking "okay, now what?". There were even a few minutes where I had to go back and rewrite because women don't/can't do that!

It was almost pathetic... okay very pathetic. I'm a woman and I had issues! My world has been filled with so many men humping like rabbits that I've begun to neglect the women!

Maybe I should write some more straight stories?

For the last few days this has been me:



I'm glad to be finished, but I'm wondering if it turned out okay. That and I'm leading into another scene so... back to square one.

Gay sex vs. Straight sex.

Which one is harder to write?

Maybe it's the mood music... should I turn on some Barry White?

1 comment:

  1. I've tried to write about gay sex, but it never comes out right. I guess it's the lack of experience. ;o)

    ReplyDelete